Asphalt mix consists of liquid asphalt cement and other aggregates and is used as a paving material. One of its most common uses is in the construction of roads. Asphalt Plants are required for preparing asphalt mix through a series of processes including addition of aggregates in the right proportion, heating, blending and finally discharging for the end use. Asphalts are available in several grades and specifications and can be either stationary or portable.
How Does Asphalt Plant Work?
Dry raw materials are fed into the cold aggregate silo. The conveyor belts deliver it to the drying drum. Different controlled heating methods are used to dry and heat the aggregates up to a specific temperature in the drying drum. The hot aggregate lifters then collect the hot aggregate and discharge it into the hot aggregate sieving machine. With the help of gravity collector and dust bag collector the hot aggregate lifters clean the smoke and release it into the atmosphere through an induced draft fan. The mixed asphaltic concrete then goes directly to the discharge buffer hopper from where it is settled into the material handling truck.
Advantages Of Using Asphalt Plant
There are numerous benefits of using Asphalt Plant in the road construction process. Some of them are:
- There is a better control over the consistency of the asphalt mix.
- Mixing time is significantly less when compared to manual mixing.
- Asphalt Plants are electronically operated and require minimum manpower and labor.
- Asphalt Plants come with advanced features such as preset programs for setting feed ratio and time thus there is a better control over the entire process.
- Asphalt Plants are generally equipped with interlock protection device which helps in avoiding accidents.
To get high performance Asphalt Plant, you can contact DMI Asphalt Equipment LLC. The company is based in Miami and is one of the leading Exporters of Asphalt Plants all across the world. The company offers a wide range of Concrete Plants, Cement Mixers, Tanks, Crushing Equipment, etc. DMI Asphalt Equipment LLC is rated among the distinguished dealers of Asphalt Laboratory Equipment In Colombia. For more information about the company and products offered by it, you can log on to dmiasphaltequipment.com.